Dialogue: Addressing the Sustainable Development Goals - European Universities as actors of change
- Dialogue: Addressing the Sustainable Development Goals - European Universities as actors of change
British Council and Université PSL organise an international policy dialogue on the role of European universities towards reaching the SDGs.
Bringing together university presidents from across Europe, UN experts and government officials, this conference will shed light on the best practices on sustainable development education and University Social Responsibility initiatives. Throughout three different panel discussions, the various guest speakers will be sharing hands-on experiences and debate together around the following key questions:
- What are the roles and responsibilities for European Universities in promoting knowledge and debate about achieving the SDGs?
- To what extent have universities integrated global challenges within their curricula?
- What are the concrete examples of successful green campuses initiatives?
- Regarding the carbon footprint of global exchanges, how can the students’ invaluable international experience be guaranteed in the future?
- As for social responsibility, what are the concrete actions taken in Europe to foster diversity and inclusion among the student and teaching bodies?
- What changes in campus policies would be required to visualize the net-zero carbon university?
- 09.30 - 10.00 Arrivals and welcome
- 10.00 - 10.30 Welcome words : Alain Fuchs, President, Université PSBianka Stege, Director Education and Society, EU Region, British Council
- 10.30 -11.30 Scene Setting: Roles and responsibilities for European universities towards reaching the SDGs
- 11.30 - 13.00 Table ronde 1: New ways of teaching: responding to students’ claims for more SDGs and climate change education
- 13.00 - 14.30 Lunch
- 14.30 - 15.45 Table ronde 2: Dealing with global challenges: how to design impactful interdisciplinary programs?
- 15.45 - 17.30 Table ronde 3: University Social and Environmental Responsibility: European best practices
- 17.30 - 18.00 Closing words
- 18.00 – 21.00 Cocktail and art exhibition visit (joint ChimieParis/EnsAD/MinesParis exhibition on science and design for sustainable development)
For more information : email@example.com.