Graduate Program in Earth Science and Biodiversity
The Graduate Program in Earth Science and Biodiversity offers a comprehensive curriculum of advanced study and research, from the Master's to the Doctorate degree, in environmental science, ecology and geoscience. Through its association with PSL’s research laboratories and CORAIL Laboratory of Excellence (LabEx), the graduate program offers a Master’s degree in which research plays a central role. Students may also choose elective courses designed to improve their transdisciplinary skills and broaden their curriculum.
A five-year track from Master’s to PhD
Upon entering the Master’s degree program, each student will define their scientific project with the graduate program's faculty and researchers. Students will have an academic advisor and will be heavily involved in research throughout the program.
Choose your Master’s degree and define your academic path
The graduate program offers the following Master’s degrees:
Pursue a PhD
Doctoral research is conducted in a PSL laboratory. Training is conducted in a doctoral school.
Graduate program doctoral schools
- Doctoral School of Environmental Science of Ile de France - DS 129
- Earth and environmental sciences and physics of the universe Doctoral School – DS 560
- Doctoral School of Geoscience, Natural Resources and the Environment - DS 398
- École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE) Doctoral School - DS 472
- Frontières de l’Innovation en Recherche et Éducation Doctoral School - DS 474
Graduate program laboratories
- IBENS (École Normale Supérieure Biology Institute) - UMR 8197
- CEREEP (Center for Research in Experimental and Predictive Ecology) - UMS 3194
- iGLOBES (Interdisciplanary and GLObal Environmental Studies) - UMI 3157
- Ecole Normale Supérieure Geology Laboratory - UMR 8538
- LMD (Dynamic Meteorology Laboratory) - UMR 8539
- ISYEB (Institute for Semantics, Evolution, Biodiversity) - UMR 7205
- METIS (Environmental Milieux, Transfers and Interactions within Hydrosystems and Soils) - UMR 7619
- CRIOBE (Center for Insular Research and Environmental Observatory) - UMR3278
- CEFE (Center for Functional Evolutionary Ecology) - UMR 5175
- ISEM (Montpellier Institute for Evolutionary Science) - UME 5554
- Biogeoscience Laboratory - UMR 6282
- LCPME (Laboratory in Physical Chemistry and Microbiology for the Environment) - UMR 7564
- EPOC (Oceanic and Continental Environments and Paleoenvironments) - UMR 5805
Enhance and customize your academic path: elective courses
Complementary university-wide courses
Graduate program students at both the Master’s and PhD level have access to university-wide trainings in core competencies, both introductory and advanced, designed to supplement their academic study.
Those complementary university-wide courses, available in all of PSL’s component schools, are eligible for ECTS credit.
Data Science Program
Trained in and through research, PSL alumni find numerous employment opportunities in the public, private and entrepreneurial sectors as well as in the academic world.