Clone of PSL Researchers awarded ERC Consolidator Grants in 2021
On March 17, 2022, the European Research Council released the list of 313 researchers who won the ERC Consolidator Grant 2020 call for proposals. Among the winners, two scientists work in laboratories run by Université PSL.
The ERC Consolidator Grant is an highly competitive grant, worth approximately €2 million, awarded for 5 years to exploratory research projects on an innovative theme. It supports experienced scientists (7 to 12 years after their doctorate) and promising candidates who wish to build or consolidate their research teams.
Below are the scentists who work in PSL labs and who won the ERC Consolidator Grants Call for Proposals in 2021:
- Elie HACHEM, project CURE - Controlling Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms, Centre de mise en forme des matériaux, Cemef Mines Paris – PSL
- Miguel FERNADES PAULOS, projet FUNBOOTS - Solving Conformal Field Theories with the Functional Bootstrap, CNRS researcher at the laboratoire de physique de l’ENS- PSL
Funding from the ERC (European Research Council)
Founded in 2007, the European Research Council is part of the European Framework Program for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020). Each year, the committee awards individual funding for a period of 5 years to scientists from all over the world. The ERC funds original exploratory research projects that bring scientific, technical and societal discoveries in all disciplines.
- Starting Grant: for young researchers - 2 to 7 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2 million euros)
- Consolidator Grant: for researchers - 7 to 12 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2.75 million euros)
- Advanced Grant: for senior researchers (up to €3.5 million)
- Synergy Grant: for a group of 2 to 4 researchers (up to 10 million euros over 6 years)
- Proof of Concept (vérification de concept): for the winners, to support the technology transfer of the results obtained within the framework of an ERC grant
PSL has created a dedicated service to support researchers in order to answer to European calls for proposals: email@example.com.
Over 200 PSL researchers have won an ERC grant since 2012.