Graduate Program in Chemistry
The Graduate Program in Chemistry offers a comprehensive curriculum of advanced study and research, from the Master's to the Doctorate degree, in the various fields of chemistry, from basic principles to applications. Through its association with PSL research laboratories, the graduate program offers a Master’s degree in which research plays a central role. Students may also choose elective courses designed to improve their transdisciplinary skills and broaden their curriculum.
Physical and analytical approach at all scales
Theoretical chemistry and modelling
Molecular design, synthesis and chemical biology
A five-year track from Master’s to PhD
Upon entering the Master’s degree program, each student will define their scientific project with the graduate program's faculty and researchers. Students will have an academic advisor and will be heavily involved in research throughout the program.
Choose your Master’s degree and define your academic path
The graduate program offers the following Master’s degree:
Pursue a PhD
Doctoral research is conducted in a PSL laboratory. Training is conducted in a doctoral school.
Graduate program doctoral schools
- Doctoral School of Physical and Analytical Chemistry of Central Paris - ED 388
- Doctoral School of Mechanics, Acoustics, Electronics and Robotics of Paris - ED 391
- Doctoral School of Physics and Chemistry of Materials - ED 397
- • Doctoral School of Medication, Toxicology, Chemistry, Imaging - ED 563
- • Doctoral School of Molecular Chemistry of Paris - ED 406
Graduate program laboratories
- CBI (Chimie, Biologie et Innovation) - UMR 8231
- SMBP (Spectrométrie de Masse Biologique et Protéomique) - USR 3149
- SIMM (Sciences et Ingénierie de la Matière Molle - Physico-chimie des polymères et des Milieux Poreux) - UMR 7615
- GULLIVER - UMR 7083
- C3M (Chimie Moléculaire, Macromoléculaire, et Matériaux) - UMR 7167
- LPEM (Laboratoire de Physique et d'Etude des Matériaux) - UMR 8213
Enhance and customize your academic path: elective courses
Complementary university-wide courses
Graduate program students at both the Master’s and PhD level have access to university-wide trainings in core competencies, both introductory and advanced, designed to supplement their academic study.
Those complementary university-wide courses, available in all of PSL’s component schools, are eligible for ECTS credit.
Data Science Program
Trained in and through research, PSL alumni find numerous employment opportunities in the public, private and entrepreneurial sectors as well as in the academic world.