Other housing options

Several options are available to students who are looking for a short-term or long-term accommodation without the help of the PSL Housing Service.

Housing in a student dorm without the PSL Housing service

You may contact the landlords yourself. In this case, you will not have to pay the housing help fees, but you will not have access to the PSL quota, as the PSL Housing Service is not involved.

This housing include furnished accommodation (laundry, general surveillance, wifi), which entitle you to ALS allowance (Aides pour le logement). To find information and book a housing, please discuss directly with them.

  • Adele: website dedicated to student housing
  • Espacil: Habitat's subsidiary with Action Logement
  • ALJT: Association Logement Jeunes Travailleurs (non-profit organization for housing of young workers)
  • ARPEJ: Association des Résidences Pour Etudiants et Jeunes Actifs (non-profit organization for housing of students and young workers)
  • CLLAJ: Le Comité Local pour le Logement Autonome des Jeunes de Paris
  • Cité Universitaire de Paris: The CIUP hosts French and international students, researchers and artists throughout the year. Contact form to apply to the CIUP.

You may also want to take a glance at the following private housing websites:

Housing with a private landlord

The LOKAVIZ is managed by the Crous and you may find ads from private owners (individuals or groups) whose accommodations have been approved by the CNOUS and the Crous according to criteria of location, general condition, rent and landlord/tenant relationship. The contact is made directly with the private landlords, without the PSL Housing Service getting involved in the relationship between tenants and private landlords.

Shared housing

You may find a roommate with the following options:

  • The Wellow House platform offers co-rentals in large luxury apartments in Paris.
  • Le projet kaps (Kolocation à Projets Solidaires) offers a student roommate in a working-class neighborhood, linked to a social project conducted with and for the resident community.
  • CoopColoc: an innovative system of student roommates in Paris, whose accommodations are provided by social housing.

Or visit the websites:

Other housing options

Logement solidaire

Several cnon-profit organizations put in contact students and people offering a room in their home. Registration is done online.

For short stays

  • The Crous offers on its website overnight stays for students in internship in Paris: Bed & Crous.

Homestay or mixed-generations housing

If you are interested, please contact the Service Accueil Logement

Before you contact the PSL Housing service...

Please contact your host school to find out which housing service you're entitled to. Some schools manage housing directly for their French students or international transfer students.

Students enrolled for a full year

  • Students entitled to Dauphine - PSL's housing service
    • Dauphine-PSL - National and international students
    • PSL - CPES (Cycle Pluridisciplinaire d'Etudes Supérieures, Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Program)
    • PSL - Sustainability sciences undergraduate program
    • Chimie ParisTech - PSL - international students

Contact: logement.housing@psl.eu

  • Other students
  • International students
    • Mines Paris - PSL
    • Ecole Supérieure de Physique Chimie Industrielle (ESPCI) - PSL
    • Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE) - PSL
    • Observatoire de Paris - PSL
    • Ecole Nationale des Chartes (ENC) - PSL
    • Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS) - PSL

Contact: welcomedesk@psl.eu

International exchange students (for one or two terms)

  • Université Paris Dauphine - PSL and Chimie ParisTech - PSL
    Information on the available housing is communicated to international exchange students upon their appointment.

Contact: logement.housing@psl.eu

International exchange students hosted by PSL Schools (e.g. Erasmus students) should read the International exchange students section on the "Accommodation in public student housing."

Students who are in different situations should read the pages about "Accommodation in public student housing" and "Help to find accommodation."