PSL Dissertation Prize in Humanities and Social Sciences 2020: call for applications
PSL launch a call for applications to reward the best doctoral work in five Humanities and Social Sciences fields : Art Aesthetics Literature; Law, economics, management; Humanities; Science / Humanities Interfaces; Social Sciences. Send application packages before January 31, 2020.
Supported by PSL's major research programs, the PSL prizes in Humanities and Social sciences are intended to reward the best doctoral work in five fields:
- Art, Aesthetics, Literature (Art history, practice of the Arts & Art research, history and theory in Literature)
- Law, economics, management (including Economic sociology and interfaces between Economics and social Sciences)
- Humanities (History, Philosophy)
- Science / Humanities Interfaces (including Archaeology)
- Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Ethnology and Geography)
Eligible dissertations must have been defended between December 2018 and December 2019 in a French or foreign higher education institution. They can be written in one of the following languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian. A jury dedicated to each prize will be composed of five leading figures from the field. The prize will be awarded by the chairman of the jury during a ceremony to be held in June 2020.
Each dissertation awarded the prize will be granted €5,000, split as follows:
- A sum of €2,000;
- €3,000 for a research stay in Paris for foreigners, at PSL's international partners for French;
The winners will give three seminars in three partner institutions of PSL.
- The deadline for submission shall be January 31, 2020 at the latest;
- the results will be published on PSL website at the beginning of May 2020;
- The awards ceremony will be held in June 2020; the winners are required to come. For the winners outside Ile-de-France, PSL will cover the transportation and accommodation costs.
The application package must be sent by e-mail only to the following address: prix.PSL.SHS@psl.eu, and must include:
- The application form (download)
- The two dissertation pre-reports and the defense report;
- Two detailed reference letters (one from the research director)-- if there are two directors, only one letter is required;
- Resume either in French or in English (no more than 2 pages);
- The dissertation.
Dissertations should be sent preferably by email; however, should the file exceed the maximum possible weight, applicants may use the online application package. Please remember to name the file with your name, the title of the dissertation and make sure to send us an email.
Applicants may only choose one topic among the five available. PSL may change the chosen category should the juries deem it necessary.
Any package either missing information or submitted after January 31, 2020, will not be accepted.
- President of the prize in Art, Aesthetics, Literature: Esteban Buch, EHESS
- President of the prize in Law, economics, management: Eve Caroli, Dauphine - PSL
- President of the prize in Humanities: Dimitri El Murr, ENS - PSL
- President of the prize in Science / Humanities Interfaces: Danielle Jacquart, EPHE - PSL
- President of the prize in Social Sciences: Dominique Méda, Dauphine - PSL