Student initiatives at the beginning at the academic yeat 2022-2023
Shows, conferences, charitable sports events... The programs will set the pace for campus life in 2022-2023.
Every year, PSL students set up cultural and sports projects, civic and charitable initiatives, scientific development, etc.
To encourage these initiatives, Université PSL launched two annual calls for proposals (calls for student initiatives) and funds a selection of projects from student associations & clubs that are independent of the course of study.
Below are a few student initiatives that were selected last fall and spring. They offer a series of events for the new academic year.
Lectures and outreach
- Forum BioTechno: The BIOTechno Paris forum is an annual forum dedicated to the employment and career development of master's graduate, engineers and young doctors in the field of biotechnology. The forum will take place on September 29, 2022 at the Campus des Cordeliers in Paris (6è).
- BDE Observatoire: Observation evenings will be set up and the entie PSL community will be have access to a presentation of the Observatoire de Paris – PSL's programs.
- Les mardis du grand continent: Weekly debates on current issues organized by the association Groupe d'études géopolitiques (GEG) based at the École normale supérieure (ENS - PSL)
- MUN PSL: Conferences and/or meetings to put yourself in the shoes of UN diplomats organized by the PSL Union Club: MUN PSL (Model United Nations of Paris Sciences et Lettres).
- Les routes de la soie: conferences, courses and workshops available to all PSL students to promote the Chinese culture and relations with China within the PSL Campus as well as its variations in the meeting with the French culture.
- Migrens: Umbrella organization for the reception of migrant students at PSL. Intensive teaching of French, administrative support and organization of the seminar: "Militer penser créer: cycle de rencontres autour de l'exil" (To think and create: series of meetings about exile) in order to facilitate the inclusion of refugees and migrant students who had to interrupt their studies when leaving their country and reintegrate the university environment in France.
- Sang pour Sang Ecolo: Learn how to make durable sanitary protection (menstrual cups, washable pads, menstrual panties) of very good quality with a limited budget, in order to reduce the ecological impact of menstruation on the environment and to fight against menstrual insecurity.
Shows & performances
- Eclipse de l’Urne: Screening of a short film made on the occasion of the presidential election of April 24, 2022. "Eclipse of the Urn" explores the event of the Champ de Mars through the eyes of a journalist and a Spanish tourist.
- Ciné-club de l'ENS: The ENS - PSL film society screens every Wednesday evening a film about the campus thanks to the projector available at the school. The screenings are available to all audiences: ENS - PSL and PSL students. A series of debates with Ecocampus (the sustainable association of the ENS - PSL) and the studio des Ursulines on the theme of perspectives for the planetary and ecological future has also begun.
- Relaxation and well-being workshops: Weekly workshops on well-being and mental health (meditation, creative arts, stress management) to create conditions for listening and caring.
Call for student initiatives (Appels à initiatives étudiantes)
The Call for Student Initiatives is a support system for projects. It is launched twice a year to promote students' actions and thus strengthen campus life.
Since its creation in 2012, the AIE has supported more than 200 cultural, sports, charitable and ecological projects... Some have toured Europe in an electric car, others have organized a debating club and still others have staged magnificent plays or sports challenges. All ideas are welcome, as long as they are oriented towards sharing and that they meet a few criteria. In particular, the projects must be led by a PSL student club and be totally independent of the course of study.
To find out more, click here.