Academic year 2019: welcome to your University
PSL community, find here all the key information for the 2019 academic year. Welcome to all of you!
Dear students, welcome to your university!
PSL is a new university where sciences, arts, humanities, engineering and social sciences blend and meet. Our university, ranked among of the top 50 worldwide, is the result of the collaboration of nine prestigious institutions where you will pursue your bachelor's, master's or doctorate degrees. You have all been chosen for your skills and you will be among the first graduates of PSL University. We are very proud to welcome you to this founding year.
From the bachelor's degree to the doctorate, we will be committed to training you as closely as possible to the research being carried out in our 181 laboratories and in contact with the 4,500 researchers who make up the university.
You will thus benefit from a low student-to-teacher ratio, among the lowest in France, and from the international scale of PSL University, ranked 4th worldwide among universities under 50 years of age (THE and QS ranking) and 1st in the Millennium (THE). From Porte Dauphine to Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, Paris is now your campus! And many dynamic student associations await you to participate and fully enjoy the many sporting, artistic and cultural events.
Finally, PSL University is well aware of its duty to train the generations of actors of tomorrow, and is committed to a civic and sustainable approach, and is involved in the challenges of sustainable development (both environmental and societal). We are counting on you and your involvement to help us develop and grow these actions.
Enjoy this new academic year, may it be full of successes and fun.
Anne Devulder, Vice-President for Student Life and Social and Environmental Responsibility
Key information about 2019 academic year at PSL
To find accommodation, a student job etc. the University provides a range of services. Do not hesitate to ask your school for more information.
- Study&Co: this start-up is partner of PSL and helps you with all your administrative tasks (Code: PSL19).
- Nightline, free listening service for and by students
- PSL Law Clinic: Free legal counsel for PSL students
Also find on our website a set of tips and useful links for your Parisian student life:
The international relations offices of PSL's institutions advise and guide thousands of foreign students every year. The professionals in these areas will be your first and key contacts. Take full advantage of the services and many activities on the PSL campus!
- Administrative steps (Visa, health insurance, work in France).
- Learn French: SL offers FLE (French as a Foreign Language) courses for all levels! To find out what options are available to you, contact the department in charge of French as a Foreign Language or the Language Department of your host institution.
- My ultimate checklist: Checklist of procedures and sites you want to consult.
- Welcome Desk : students organize activities to help you discover Paris.
- Study &Co: this start-up is partner of PSL and helps you with all your administrative tasks (Code: PSL19).
PSL is host to more than 100 student organizations. PSL’s campus is the ideal setting for a rich student life. Throughout the year, cultural, artistic and sporting events bring the campus to life and create a warm and fulfilling environment for each and every student.
- Union PSL: student organization which helps develop student life among PSL schools.
- Student councils: volunteer students elected for one year support festivals and organizations within a school.
- Student organizations: Socially-committed, sports, festivals...
- PSL Sport: More than 200 clubs and organizations.
- Funding for clubs & organizations: PSL sponsors student clubs with funding opportunities: the Call for student initiatives, Appels à Initiatives Etudiantes (AIE).
PSL-Explore, Université PSL's gateway to knowledge dissemination, rassemble, offers a digital platform with the full resources from the university's 90 libraries and archives. The digital library contains the heritage from PSL member schools, films about research, creation and popularization, all the MOOC offered by PSL member schools, as well as news item ("focus") and virtual exhibitions for the general public, to show the research made at PSL and the the collections owned by the university.
- Libraries, museums, archives and pictures (information and opening hours)
- Online journals and databases
- Thèses PSL en ligne
- Digital libraries at PSL
- Virtual Exhibits
Follow us on Twitter: @PSLExplore
Sciences, Arts, Engineering, Humanities.... PSL covers all fields of knowledge! Whether you want to enrich your background, share new interests, stimulate your entrepreneurial spirit, or refine your projects, take advantage of the various internal mobility systems offered in PSL.
- LDual degrees: the dual degrees allow you to follow the foundation course as well as another training program in another PSL school. Further information: contact the registrar services in your institution.
- PSL weeks 5 days of immersion: Twice per year, PSL offers an immersion called “PSL weeks”. During these immersion weeks, various schools of PSL gather to propose an interdisciplinary course.