Filtrer par :
- Associate members
- Research centers
Two research projects won 2019 "Synergy" ERC
The European Research Council (ERC) announced on October 11, 2019 the list of successful projects under the Synergy 2019 call for proposals. PSL University is proud of two winning projects in the laboratories of its associate members.
The ERC Synergy grant is one of the funding opportunities for research projects under the European Horizon 2020 program. Highly competitive, with a selection rate of around 9%, it is aimed at teams of 2 to 4 European researchers in order to enable them to tackle together ambitious research programs at the frontiers of knowledge. Each of the winning projects is allocated a budget of approximately €10 million for a period of 6 years.
The winning projects:
- HyperK : "Modern Aspects of Geometry : Categories, Cycles and Cohomology of Hyperkähler Varieties" led by Claire Voisin (Collège de France, associate member of Université PSL), Emanuele Macri (Université Paris-Sud, Paris-Saclay), Olivier Debarre (Université Paris-Diderot, Université Paris), Daniel Huybrechts (University of Bonn)
- Kill or Differentiat : "Using cell-cell interactions to unlock new cancer treatments : Forcing nural crest tumors back onto the developmental path" led by Olivier Delattre (Institut Curie, associate member of Université PSL), Igor Adameyko (Medical University of Vienna), Susanne Schilisio (Karolinska Institute), Peter Kharchenko (Harvard Medical School)
Funding from the ERC (European Research Council)
Founded in 2007, the European Research Council is part of the European Framework Program for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020). Each year, the committee awards individual funding for a period of 5 years to scientists from all over the world. The ERC funds original exploratory research projects that bring scientific, technical and societal discoveries in all disciplines.
There are five ERC grants:
- Starting Grant: for young researchers - 2 to 7 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2 million euros)
- Consolidator Grant: for researchers - 7 to 12 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2.75 million euros)
- Advanced Grant: for senior researchers (up to €3.5 million)
- Synergy Grant: for a group of 2 to 4 researchers (up to 10 million euros over 6 years)
- Proof of Concept: for the winners, to support the technology transfer of the results obtained within the framework of an ERC grant
PSL has created a dedicated service to support researchers in order to answer to European calls for proposals email@example.com