PSL Calls for Proposals
PSL lends support to top-level, multi-disciplinary research of major international interest, focusing on critical topics of key concern to society.
Current Calls for proposals
Deadline: March 31st, 2023
Deadline for applications: September 30th, 2023
Deadline for applications: March 15th, 2023
Deadline for applications: April 11th, 2023
Deadline for applications: April 28th, 2023
Deadline for applications: April 30th, 2023
Deadline for applications: May 22nd, 2023
Deadline for applications: March 29th, 2023
Deadline for applications: April 21st, 2023
Deadline for applications: March 31st, 2023
Deadline for applications: April 7th, 2023
National calls for proposals and financial resources in France
Various programs are available at the national level to fund research initiatives:
- France’s Agence nationale de la recherche (ANR) (the French National Research Agency) provides funding for select research projects based on international criteria of excellence, and issues calls for proposals that are directly tied to national research priorities, spanning every major field of research and innovation. As a reminder, the ANR’s primary objectives are to promote the emergence of new concepts, expand research initiatives in areas of priority economic or social concern, strengthen collaboration between public and private researchers (through partnered calls for proposals) and develop international partnerships (through multinational calls for proposals).
- France’s Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research publishes calls for proposals and applications on a regular basis: view the Ministry’s calendar for calls for proposals (in French).
Two websites offer a list of specialized calls for proposals in the areas of health and the humanities and social sciences:
- The website for calls for proposals in health research includes all public-sector calls for proposals in the fields of translational research, clinical research and public health: view the calendar for calls for proposals in health research (in French).
- The Fundit.fr website offers a comprehensive list of calls for proposals in the humanities and social sciences.
Calls for proposals in Greater Paris
- The Greater Paris region offers the SESAME call for proposals program (in French), which provides support for ambitious research programs. SESAME also encourages closer links between university and private-sector researchers, notably by opening up platforms to businesses in the Greater Paris region and SMEs in particular, and assists with funding for capital investments. You’ll also find other regional calls for proposals, such as DIM programs targeting areas of major concern, etc.
- Paris’s municipal government, the Mairie de Paris, administers three grant programs to Paris-based researchers: the Emergences program, which encourages researchers to create new research teams focusing on multidisciplinary topics; a call for proposals for the dissemination of scientific culture; and the CIFRE scholarships from the Mairie de Paris. You can find a calendar of upcoming calls for proposals and procedures for submitting a proposal at the Mairie de Paris website (in French).