Fashion and Materials (École Nationale de Mode et Matière)
Paris Fashion School by PSL (École Nationale de Mode et Matière, or EnaMoMa) was jointly established by three institutions affiliated with PSL: Dauphine - PSL, MINES ParisTech - PSL, and EnsAD (École nationale supérieure des Arts Décoratifs).
This multidisciplinary Master’s program includes coursework that draws on the expertise available at these three institutions:
- At Dauphine - PSL: management, fashion and luxury goods marketing, business creation, production, law, startup incubators, funding analysis and research, retail and merchandising, consumer trends.
- At MINES ParisTech - PSL: engineering, innovation module, production, logistics, smart objects, eco-design.
- At EnsAD: fashion, clothing and textile design; design and production of clothing and accessories; computer-assisted production and sourcing; design project development and tracking; fashion history; trends; visual identity and branding; textiles, materials and textile culture; finishing and expertise; new materials; smart materials.
Paris Fashion School by PSL offers training to creatives and fashion designers by introducing them to careers in the textile, fashion and luxury goods industry (from artisanal clothing to Haute Couture, uniforms, work clothing, medical apparel, and accessories).
A customizable track
Students can enter the master's program in their first or second year. Courses are given in English and are organised in blocks :
Block 0 – Fundamentals of management, fashion and materials (2 weeks, 6 ECTS)
• Business basics in cultural and creative industries
• Basics in fashion design and materials
Block 1 - Écoconception des ressources, matériaux, processus (10 weeks, 21 ECTS)
• Fashion & materials in questions (I)
• Sustainability behind the scenes
• Ecodesign workshop
Block 2 – Exploration methods(10 weeks, 18 ECTS)
• Fashion & materials in questions (II)
• Value proposition design
• Fablab workshop
• Research methodologies
Block 3 – Inter-school project (10 weeks, 9 ECTS)
Block 4 – Professional experience (3 to 7 months, 21 to 27 ECTS)
Block 5 – Exploratory project (6 to 8 months, 27 ECTS)
Event and commitment (3 ECTS)
Each student chooses a set of blocks according to his or her previous academic background and professional project. It can leads to four training paths:
- « Creation » : blocks 0+1+2+3+4+5 to follow complete training course at the heart of the Fashion & Materials programme (two-year course, design profiles only)
- « Explorations » : blocks 0+1+2+3 to acquire fundamental skills for the development of exploration projects (one-year course, all profiles)
- « Transformations » : blocks 0+1+5 understanding of evolutions in the sector (one-year course, all profiles)
- « Proposition » : blocks 0+4+5 to focus on the development of a project (one-year course, all profiles)
- Master 1: Students must have a Bachelor’s degree in fashion or textile design
- Master 2: Students must have reached the M1 level in one of the disciplines associated with training (design, management, sciences or engineering).
Online application + interview
Students must apply online.
• Session 2 : from March 30 to May 4, 2020
• Session 3 : from May 25 to June 22, 2020
For the non-European Union candidates tuition fees for 2020-2021 academic year are 15,000 euros.
For the European Union candidates, tuition fees are based on total gross income of 2018 (2019 tax notice on 2018 income). More information.
School for registration : Dauphine - PSL
Degree issued : Institutional Master’s degree conferred by Université PSL
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Cognitive science
- Data Science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences